AUBER AT200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tar12

Minister of Fire
Dec 9, 2016
Indiana
I ordered this 3-4 months ago and had forgot about it until my absent minded wife reminded me why I purchased it in the first place....lol....so it is installed now and I noticed a 140 degree difference between it and the Condar Flue Guard probe...I had always suspected the Condar was reading low and it has been confirmed now..

My auber checked out exactly matching the condar probe meter. The auber is much faster to react. Be sure to give the condar time to react before concluding that their readings are different.

I ordered this 3-4 months ago and had forgot about it until my absent minded wife reminded me why I purchased it in the first place....lol....so it is installed now and I noticed a 140 degree difference between it and the Condar Flue Guard probe...I had always suspected the Condar was reading low and it has been confirmed now..
My Condar consistently reads low too. It is the previous generation of their probe product. I'm probably due to update it, but with the Auber, I really don't need the Condar anymore.

My auber checked out exactly matching the condar probe meter. The auber is much faster to react. Be sure to give the condar time to react before concluding that their readings are different.
I gave it plenty of time...like 30 minutes..

Reactions: Highbeam
My Condar consistently reads low too. It is the previous generation of their probe product. I'm probably due to update it, but with the Auber, I really don't need the Condar anymore.
But you need something to fill the hole in your pipe! Plus power outage operation and lastly the operating range colors (if yours is new enough) are helpful for inexperienced users.

You can probably tell that I too would like to get another auber for the house stove.

I know the stove well enough to operate it without instrumentation if necessary, but I do like redundant systems.

Reactions: EbS-P and Tar12