Auger Feed Trim Plate Adjustment for M55/GCI 60

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleetussnow

Oct 3, 2012
Westchester, ny
Hi All:

This weekend I opened up my M55 to look at the auger cover on my GCi 60 as larger diameter pellets were not feeding at a fast enough rate.

When I got the back opened up, I was surprised to see how small the opening was. It was on the the second smallest 'setting' per the marker holes. I decided to open it up to leave only one hole. I was thinking of removing it altogether, and I really doubt there is a lot of difference from no cover and where it is now.

Anyway I am very happy with the result. It seems like I have more control over the feed rate with the control board, and the flames look great. I will check everything with my magnehelic rig this weekend when it gets cold. Too warm to run this baby on 5 right now!

I wonder what kind of BTU I can get out of this thing now? I am sure more fuel and air than the factory setting means I just increased the output. I have this stove on a thermostat, so any increased pellet usage should be offset by the thermostat turning the stove down. or I can just run it on a lower level. On setting 1 or 2, this stove was useless up to now.

I'm having the opposite problem! My smaller pellets are pouring in too quickly. Could you give me some idea of where you went/what you did to alter the setting? I can't find it in the manual. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.