Auger grinding pellets into fines englander

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dartfrogz

Nov 20, 2014
ct
Hello, my mother in law has an englander pellet stove 25 pdv a 2010 model.

The auger seized up so she ordered a new one, just the motor was replaced, not the shaft.

Problem now is its grinding the pellets into fines! Grinding them right up. She tried calling englander but couldnt get through.

Any ideas? My MIL lives 2 states away from me but I'm hoping someone can help so I can help her over the phone. Ty!!!

Which auger?

Reactions: dartfrogz
Two things come to mind: is the bottom auger still turning? Conversely, did she get the right RPM auger? I've had my stove (same model) for 13 years and never have had this problem.

Where is she seeing the fines come out?

Eric

Two things come to mind: is the bottom auger still turning? Conversely, did she get the right RPM auger? I've had my stove (same model) for 13 years and never have had this problem.

Where is she seeing the fines come out?

Eric
Hi Eric, ty for your help :) she ordered the same part number that was in her owners manual. And as Im on the phone with her right now, was gonna ask her where she was seeing the fines come out.. she said its fixed. I guess the person who took it apart didnt have one of the bolts tight enough.. sooo i guess false alarm.

But again, thank you Eric very much!!!! I truly appreciate you trying to help her ❤