Auger problem endlander 55shpep

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Frozenwraith

Sep 27, 2019
New york
I recently got this stove for my garage used. Initially everything worked fine except the room blower. After reading some posts I cleaned it out and replaced the thermal sensor and room blower. That didnt fix the problem. I then replaced the control panel and now the auger only turns manually. I have even tried by pacing the lid and vacuum sensor and it still doesnt work with the new control board. I am at a complete loss at this point.

You can call Englander, their support number is (800) 245-6489. They are really, really great at troubleshooting stove issues.

Have you isolated testing different parts of the stove (room blower, exhaust blower, augers)? This can be done with the controller panel, too: https://heatredefined-net.reamaze.com/kb/25-ep/diagnostic-test-mode-ef4abea11022d2ce

I made a connector to test the blowers without the controller panel. I use it to plug into 115v outlet. This way I can test one thing at a time, pretty easily.

Yep same stove same problems never got it fixed. Call New England ER and they couldn't help me either. Gave the stove away

A couple of thoughts... As to your room blower, do you know what your Air On Temperature is set to? Its one of the "bottom 3 buttons." It should be set to 1. Anything higher than that and your room blower will do some weird things.

As to your auger, can you jump out an ensure you have continuity on the hopper switch to confirm it works? You can also, for testing only, bypass it to see if that gets your auger working. Also, the controller board has spots for two auger connections, but your stove only uses 1. Are you on the correct one? (I don't remember which one and I'm not at home to look, but I think its upper). That said, Sm1ley has a VERY good suggestion for going into diagnostic mode to test each part individually. That will tell you a lot right there.

Eric

Thanks for all the tips and quick responses guys. I've tried most of what you said, I was scouring this site all last night. I'm going to try and give them a call when I get home to see what they say. The only thing I really dont get is the auger works when you manually feed but not automatically. So I'm wondering if a component in the auger motor is shot seeing how I've replaced almost everything else.

The component that controls the auger timing is the prom chip. If it ever recieved a voltage spike or short it could be damaged or corrupted the programming. When you test the stove in diagnostic mode or just by holding the on button, it bypasses the prom and sends power to just the feed circuit. Have you reset the board to factory settings? ensured the board is in “D” mode? Bottom 3 settings are 5 4 1? have you tried jumping the hopper lid switch?