Austroflamm Thermostat Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eddyburns

Jul 19, 2008
central mass
I have just purchased an austroflamm integra to be delivered at the end of the month. I was reading the owmers manual that shows a connection for a thermostat on the control board and a programmable twice a day heat "burn rate" setting.

Is there an actual thermostat included with the stove that allows a temperature to be set, or is it just the "burn rate" settings? Also, if there is no thermostat included, what type of thermostat can be attached to the control board connections?

Thanks!

Ed

You are correct with the integrated control unit one can program only the feed rate of pellets for two individual time periods each day of the week.
That's how I understand it.
If you go to the Distributors Website

http://www.luckydistributing.com/Heat/product.cqs?prod_id=ba9301b11463eccc49cc981fb57be0ba

you will see that they have a pdf file (Thermostat Guide) for an external Thermostat which can be hooked up to the unit. This one acts like any other Thermostat with a real min and max temperature controls. Don't ask me how much this one sells for or if you could hook up a different brand name one.
This is for me the first Wood Pellet Stove with same delivery date as yours.
Before sinking more Money into the system, I would like to see how everything performs and go from there.
I guess if one hooks up another brand of Thermostat several other functions in controlling the stove will probably not be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.