Axe Sharpening

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Fiskars splitting tools work better if the sharp edge from the factory is maintained.

Last edited:
Flarbedford: Good morning. I appreciate the pointer. I will make it my duty to keep the edges factory sharp. Damien

I have one additional hint that hasn't been mentioned yet. It applies to knives as well as axes. When looking directly down at the edge of the blade, do you see a reflection anywhere along the edge? If you do, you're looking at a FLAT area that isn't sharpened to a point. You should not be able to see the edge easily if it's sharp. Keep working that file until you see no reflection anywhere along the edge. Then take the whetstone to it to deburr it.

Status
Not open for further replies.