Baby countryside control panel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ghymiller

Feb 15, 2022
New Windsor, Maryland
So I’m new to pellet stoves. Bought a baby countryside for what I thought was a good price. Still trying to figure it all out. Last nite we had a pretty bad wind storm and power went out. When I got home from work it was back on but stove would not start up. Found fuse blown in control panel. Replaced and it blew right away. Unplugged all connectors replaced fuse and nothing popped but panel would not turn on.
Bad panel ?

No surge suppressor?
Check the board for a burnt (Black, Dark Brown ) spot

This is what I found on control board

C19C66E1-73A5-463E-9317-5F9971818E55.jpeg

Yup, board took a hit... that blue part looks like a MOV.,,,Metal Oxide Varistor, supposed to protect board against voltage spikes..

Reactions: johneh and Mt Bob
Yeah unfortunately “POOF” done

can probly find that part on amazon or ebay and replace yourself with a soldering iron.

Yup, board took a hit... that blue part looks like a MOV.,,,Metal Oxide Varistor, supposed to protect board against voltage spikes..

Learn something every day. I saw a similar part on the board of my new Ravelli. I just assumed it was a disc battery to maintain memory in the event of a power outage.
But in hopes that nothing like the OP's event happens I bought a new surge protector a day before the guys showed up to install my new stove.