Bad auger?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BackDoc

Jan 5, 2018
Maryland
I have an Englander PVD22 that I have tinkered with since purchase and finally have it running well....sort of. If I burn Lignetic Gold pellets it runs like a champ. I went to buy a few bags to get me through the rest of the cold days here and they didn't have the gold, just regular Lignetics. I notice that the regular pellets are a good bit longer on average than the gold pellets. It will run a while and then the pellets wont feed. I do not have a restrictor plate on the intake. Any ideas?

I don't have a restrictor plate either, but I've burned pellets that had a lot of long ones. Every now and then it would just stop feeding for awhile, and the fire would go out. The only way around it was to turn the air down to the minimum, so what was there would stay burning longer. And get a cruddy burn and plug the pot in a day or two. Still wasn't perfect but it really cut down on how much the fire went out.

What also helped was to stand there and dig through the hopper and snap long pellets as I found them.