Bang when heating Regency wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dwjfrancis

Oct 18, 2023
Sooke B.C. Canada
Have a Regency stove and have replaced the fire bricks on the bottom and sides. When the stove gets hot it lets off a loud bang, which is new. I noted that there are fire bricks on the top too that were not replaced, should I replace them and will I have to replace the stove?

It sounds like expansion and contraction due to the heat. Were the bricks the only thing replaced? Did they all fit well?

It sounds like expansion and contraction due to the heat. Were the bricks the only thing replaced? Did they all fit well?
The bottom and side stones were just replaced and I replaced the door last year. When I took a closer look I saw there are stones over the upper ‘rack’ that seem really old. Have not replaced those yet. Will try to do so and reply.
PS - wood stove not wind stove - I hate spell check!