Basic information?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mgrayson8490

Dec 1, 2019
Jam8490!
I was looking for any information about my wood burning fireplace in my new home. Cannot find rating plate anywhere on it! It's in perfect working condition, i would just like to know a little more. Thanks in advance!

Michael
15752347237946850806824663837337.jpg

If you want a heater, just go ahead and replace it. Even if it has a baffle in it, it is not going to be close to a wood stove in terms of heat output.

GIS says it's a lamp, if that helps. ;lol

It's one of my favorite features because of it's location. Its located in the sunroom of my house, so it's not a huge area to heat. We are thinking of getting a heat reclaimer to put off some more heat since the area is small. Just cant find any info whatsoever on it

It's one of my favorite features because of it's location. Its located in the sunroom of my house, so it's not a huge area to heat. We are thinking of getting a heat reclaimer to put off some more heat since the area is small. Just cant find any info whatsoever on it
Do not ever install a heat reclaimer on anything. They are absolutely one of the worst possible things you can add to a heating system

I am surprised they still sell those things!

Yea those heat reclaimers just cool your flue which invites creosote to form. I tried explaining this to a buddy i work with. His comeback..."its in my shop chimney not my house." That makes it much safer apparently lol

Reactions: bholler
This might be a Malm fireplace. They are still sold, but I didn't see your particular configuration. Definitely do not put anything on the chimney for heat recovery. Some Malm's have a special stove pipe connector and pull combustion air through it.