basic pellet stove installation cost?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flashbang

Jul 13, 2008
NY
For a 6 foot vertical run outside.

Thanks

Is this a do-it-yourself project, or are you looking for what vendor's charge?

Our labor was written up as $565 and includes 6 foot rise and then thru a sofit and thru the roof. The parts used were seperate and pricey. The other problem is its not exactly done yet. The store has a good reputation in the county and I feel the owners know there stuff BUT they send out a 2 man worker team to do the work. The team are basicly contractors who work for them one for over a year and one new (barerly spoke english). I became concerned when I mentioned Harmon Pellet Stoves (I got a Lopi Yankee) and he said he never heard of them. They did such a poor job on the vent outside that the owner will be coming back to repair it. Also they did did not order the OAK. One of the owners came after they left to check, install the remote thermostat and give me a lesson on the stove-I was calmer once he came because you could tell he knew his stuff. I realized they were pricey for the parts for the install but I wanted a "good" local dealer to rely on if needed. The inside part of the install looks good to the point that my wife made sure it was straight but she will be happier once the outside looks proper not sloppy.

The funny part was my wife asked how do i turn it on if I need it when your out. I said Pick up the remote, press Auto On and put down the remote. She loved the simplicity.

Also I checked the date of manufacture, August 2008, can't beat that.

Attachments

• IMG_4110_3.JPG
    IMG_4110_3.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 541
  • IMG_4111_2.JPG
    IMG_4111_2.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 532
  • IMG_4103_1.JPG
    IMG_4103_1.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 514
My install was slightly different. Vertical 3' inside and then out through the wall. I received estimates between $500 and $1000 (with most being $600-$800) for labor and material. And it was a surpise to me to see how much of that cost is material when you use good pellet vent.

Thanks for the replies.
I wanted a feel of the cost for the install. I am installing myself but friends are not. My cost was $550. For the pipe with a 6 foot outside run to a jet cap.
The pipe I used is the best I have seen with no silicone needed. It has a rubber seal in the inner female SS pipe that the male slides into with a positive seal. No rope/o-ring with the 1/8 click and turn, seal it with silicone and hope it won't leak. This pipe is just stupid crazy expensive to the point that it should be all SS.
Excell is pricey but worth it. Although officially you cannot, I will say that you can cut to fit on the male end to make exactly the length you need, you can't do that with the others.

My installation was a corner install that went up 4' and out. Labor was 495 parts were 285 from the shop I brought the stove from. I had other quotes for 785 for labor and 800 for parts for the same stove from other shops.

Status
Not open for further replies.