battery back-up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

itworks

Jul 23, 2008
Southwestern CT
I run a Harman P 68 and was wondering if you would share your experience of having a battery back-up system connected to your pellet stove. How much does it cost? Is it safe to have indoors? How long it will run the stove once power is lost? Do you have a strong recommendation?

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion. This little bad boy seems to be very highly rated, and less the $200 with shipping & tax, seems to be a logical consideration. I love this site!

itworks said:
Thanks for the suggestion. This little bad boy seems to be very highly rated, and less the $200 with shipping & tax, seems to be a logical consideration. I love this site!
I was thinking the same thing. I usually don't buy cheap stuff but like you said the reviews are impressive. BTW it goes on sale for $129.99 all the time, it was on sale a couple of weeks ago

woodsman23 said:
I also have a honda 1000EQ generator just in case, but you a surge protector always
Very good point, I forgot to mention that. My manual says that as well.

Hey Rick
I just bought this little bad boy on Amazon for for $119, inclusive of tax & shipping, just got to give it a try at this price. Thanks for the heads up.

Steve(itworks)

That's good to know, same exact item too. Last time I shopped at northern I found the same item (a sprinkler pump) For $30 bucks less and free shipping which saved me around another $25 bucks or so. Gotta love that Amazon. I should have thought of looking there. Glad you mentioned it. Good reviews over there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.