Bayou Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katwillny

Hi all. Just a warning out there for anyone who sees Bayou Pellets at the HD.If you see these pellets, RUN LIKE FORREST GUMP.Worse Pellets EVER. No only do they create a lot of ash but they do not generate any heat. They basically are BAD.

Unfortunately I purchased 15 bags of these junk pellets. Big mistake, now i know never buy more than a few bags of pellets that i havent tried before or pellets that aren't recommended by my fellow Pellet Pigs.I will be at the HD tomorrow with the remaining 13 bags bright and early. Some snot nose kid highly recommended them to me, second mistake. OH well, worst case scenario i will mix them with better quality pellets or better yet, make a statement and dump all 13 bags in their parking lot.LOL. ok maybe not since the judge is off on the weekends, dont want to wait in Fishkill's Police Headquarters until Monday.LOL

KatWill said:
Unfortunately I purchased 15 bags of these junk pellets. Big mistake, now i know never buy more than a few bags of pellets that i havent tried before or pellets that aren't recommended by my fellow Pellet Pigs.I will be at the HD tomorrow with the remaining 13 bags bright and early. Some snot nose kid highly recommended them to me, second mistake. OH well, worst case scenario i will mix them with better quality pellets or better yet, make a statement and dump all 13 bags in their parking lot.LOL. ok maybe not since the judge is off on the weekends, dont want to wait in Fishkill's Police Headquarters until Monday.LOL

Was wondering if you saw Jay's big box store pellet review before you purchased! If you had perhaps you wouldn't have wasted you money.

Buying Bayou pellets. CRAPY and a waste of money!
Jay's Pellet Review. PRICELESS!!!

I bought one tester bag of these this summer. They were dusty as hell but seemed to burn well in my Quad with decent heat output. I passed on the dust factor alone but I would have burned them if there was nothing else available. I decided to pony up an extra $20 a ton for Barefoots.

I once made a comment stating it would be great if big box stores sold a decent pellet and got slammed for it. I'm glad you only bought 15 bags. And groundhog, 20 bucks a ton if your burning a few tons a year for a MUCH Better pellet is well worth it. Good move

Franks said:
I once made a comment stating it would be great if big box stores sold a decent pellet and got slammed for it. I'm glad you only bought 15 bags. And groundhog, 20 bucks a ton if your burning a few tons a year for a MUCH Better pellet is well worth it. Good move

Sorry to hear that you got slammed for the comment, Personally I think the bigbox prices and large selection may have helped lower some prices at the Pellet House's. And that's a GREAT thing in my book.

Do you have a lnk to the thread, I would like to read the comments.

I also agree with spending just a little more for the better brand pellets. I think in the long run, You might actually be saving more than you think! As a you get more BTU's per bag and can run the stove on a lower setting and use less per hour. Just one example and I am sure there are many more!

just my 2
jay

P.S. Thanks for the nice comments about my review countk. Much appreciated!

I dont have a link to it, it was a few weeks ago. I agree with you though. If customers had ready access to cheaper good quality pellet fuel it would be great for us retailer. I would be happier than a pig in poo if my stove sales went up and I didnt have to sell the fuel.

Franks said:
I dont have a link to it, it was a few weeks ago. I agree with you though. If customers had ready access to cheaper good quality pellet fuel it would be great for us retailer. I would be happier than a pig in poo if my stove sales went up and I didnt have to sell the fuel.

You might have to hold out for the oil price increase to see the sales climb. Plus there seems to be many used stoves(more than usual) out there.

Might have to do the special sale and add some incentives to help your sales!

Good luck, We don't need to lose any good retailers.

jtakeman said:
Franks said:

You might have to hold out for the oil price increase to see the sales climb. Plus there seems to be many used stoves(more than usual) out there.

We give away a free ton of pellets with the purchase of the stove. It just that folks do the math now before purchasing. Pellets just dont save enough money in heat right now over nat gas, lp or oil to justify buying a pellet stove. Business is still great with wood burners and gas appliances. You're not gonna lose this retailer. We run a very tight ship and keep our expenses down.

Franks said:
jtakeman said:
Franks said:

We give away a free ton of pellets with the purchase of the stove. It just that folks do the math now before purchasing. Pellets just dont save enough money in heat right now over nat gas, lp or oil to justify buying a pellet stove. Business is still great with wood burners and gas appliances. You're not gonna lose this retailer. We run a very tight ship and keep our expenses down.

Good to hear, Hang in there.

Hey everyone. Bayou Pellets are the absolute worst pellets that I have ever bought. In fact, I bought a TON of these pellets to find out that they are crap. They simply dont put out any heat at all. I was so pissed off, I loaded up the ton of pellets and took them back to Home Depot and DEMANDED a REFUND. I got my refund of $249.99 and my refund of $20.00 for the truck rental. The old saying applies. "you get what you pay for". I thought I had landed a great deal until I loaded my pellet stove. Live and Learn..... DONT BUY THIS chitty PELLETS....

Status
Not open for further replies.