benjamin do 110

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
what would be a good boiler to replace this unit. need to heat 3000 sq feet. any dealers in the nb or nova scotia thanks

You will find there is likely no company in the Maritimes that sells Gasification boilers, let alone understands the concept of heat storage.
I would recommend this company south of the border as I recently bought a boiler from them. If you are really interested, they can lead you through customs and shipping.
https://smokelessheat.com/product-category/wood-heating/

Reactions: brenndatomu
What’s your thoughts on the froling s3 turbo and how is your boiler working out for you thanks for the info

I looked at the larger Froling. It had a variable draft inducer which the Vedolux does not but the closer for me was that the Froling is 220 volts and the Vedolux is 115 volts. We have lots of power outages here and my Honda light plant is only 115. The Vedolux is also easier to clean.

I looked at the larger Froling. It had a variable draft inducer which the Vedolux does not but the closer for me was that the Froling is 220 volts and the Vedolux is 115 volts. We have lots of power outages here and my Honda light plant is only 115. The Vedolux is also easier to clean.

This is all you need to run a 220V Euro boiler on 110V :
SolaHD HS1B250 Non-Ventilated Automation Transformer, 1 Phase, Non-Encapsulated, 0.250 kVA, 240/480V - 120/240V, 1.04/0.512 Amp, 60 Hz, 8" Height, 4" Width, 4" Length, Rolled Steel: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Got mine on ebay for about half of what it's priced at on Amazon.

My boiler only pulls a total of 90 Watts running the boiler, Alpha2 circulation pump to storage, step up transformer and standby loss for the backup pure sine inverter/transfer switch according to my killowatt meter.