best way to put in a garage door open er8 ft tall door

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jeanw

Feeling the Heat
Sep 23, 2008
ky
finally got one sitting in a box out in the vehicle. found it on CL new in box, not the deluxe one I wanted from the 1990s before new fangled sensors and wi fi CRAP.YEAH y'all know its crap.. I don't want any SMART stuff. only smart ones are the globalists. they get us sheeple to go along all in the name of faster and lazier.so they can control us all....well Im a resistor.
well anyway its for he typical 7 to 71/2 foot tall gar door. yeah I know need ext kit. but I believe I was told that you can buy one the correct length one solid piece.
we had a box before we moved here with such. but no sure if we kept it. so much stuff at other home . just hate to keep buying more stuff we don t need well anyway isn't the T rail better than that tube type rail???? ///Course got the chain drive its def garage?
thanks y'all

Have you heard one of the new belt-drive garage door openers operate? Holy smokes they are quiet. I wouldn't go back to screw/chain if the unit was free.

Noise aside the "smart units" being used by us "globalists" are required by law now. Enough kids have been killed under the old style door openers that some crazy money grubbing globalist came up with an idea to make garage door openers more safe by adding a couple of sensors and a few feet of wire.

Installing a non-preexisting 90's era door opener in your home today would ultimately not be "legal", or "code compliant". I assume you don't much care for the government/law types, but I thought I'd mention this.

Best wishes with your install. Stay safe out there...keep up the good fight.

Have you heard one of the new belt-drive garage door openers operate? Holy smokes they are quiet. I wouldn't go back to screw/chain if the unit was free.

Noise aside the "smart units" being used by us "globalists" are required by law now. Enough kids have been killed under the old style door openers that some crazy money grubbing globalist came up with an idea to make garage door openers more safe by adding a couple of sensors and a few feet of wire.

Installing a non-preexisting 90's era door opener in your home today would ultimately not be "legal", or "code compliant". I assume you don't much care for the government/law types, but I thought I'd mention this.

Best wishes with your install. Stay safe out there...keep up the good fight.
yeah read about the belt drives. why I care about quiet.????? lol its a detached garaged door.... I wanna hear if it opens or closes,
ah don't have any children around.
mine, in old house never had any problem back in the day...no longer any( thinks he own he joint )fur balls.no want any either. lol
well. at perg house kept accidentally knocking the sensors around sweeping etc. plus if decide on them can buy ,install later
well HUBBY visited garage door local place . We saw sign on road. he is supposedly to come this week and install OUR 19990s with a one pc T-rail and longer chain.In this town only few places even have listing in yellow pages....
BUt the AH s voted in a school tax increase etc. I call it a one horse town....dont even have a Krogers grocery. if wasn't for dollar stores and Wally World ( globalist) first to use RFrid. chips etc ) this TOWN CLOSES DOWN AT FIVE PM OR SO..
yeah. those new SMART devices can be hacked. NO THANK you...Who cares bout legal? Just like those pill bottles that RX put on. Pain in the rear opening. Not EVERYONE has children around y'all.I called RX over and over and they keep giving them out. RAH....
Y'all put up THOSE neighbor hood Nazis....
.But do have a complaint about neighbor AH BURNS his const debris uses gasoline too. AH THEY comes back down Friday late right away before the heavy rain... AH rides mower around cuts grass then starts fire... I could see him out there in his under deck area walk out basement watching it.. .I guess He and I will have it out soon....I just laugh when they come down and see my added stuff.laying around.. It prob bothers them . AS they think this area is a park like site. like pristine. HA HA.. Marta Stewart I am not.LOL ...Yeah Hubby complains too, LOL If had the money would have bought the next door four lots. SO would n't have to put up with Others. ass hats.
Thanks y'all

When i had to do a garage with 10 foot doors i actually just bought another complete kit.. It was cheaper than just the rail and chain... been working good for years...

well its in. yeah........now to find a diff wall mount control. this one has the the slim button...already ordered another remote just to have around
the guy(installer) used one of his one pc t -rails, made chain long too its a 8 by 16 door and old technology