Better Thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikespirito

Oct 2, 2013
Coventry RI
I have a Skytech Smart Bat 2 and its pretty good. I like that theres a thermostat on the remote. The problem is that when I am upstairs the remote wont work because its out of range. Can you guys recommend a wireless thermostat with range of about 60 feet?

HONEY, will you turn the stove up :)

Reactions: P38X2
Place the receiver in the dead center of the house using wire then the remote should work fine provided you don't have a huge house (say bigger than 3600 square feet an each of three floors counting the basement).

Reactions: Bioburner
Smokey so basically run the receiver from the pellet stove to the middle part of the house. Run the wires through the walls etc?

Smokey so basically run the receiver from the pellet stove to the middle part of the house. Run the wires through the walls etc?

That is basically it, another thing that might work is to place the receiver as high in the room as you can. It can make a world of difference depending upon the frequency band being used. It has to do with effective radiated power among other things.

Usually it is the transmitter antenna that is raised but the idea is to get both antennas as free of interference and as close together as possible.

ETA: The wires don't always need to go through walls as in poking a hole into the walls.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.