big E hot air

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mdelmonte

Hearth Supporter
Oct 18, 2008
midcoast maine
After 3 months of waiting I finally got my Breckwell Big E. I've been running it for a few days now and I can't seem to get it to blow hot air no matter what I do. It blows warm air but not hot. I can't get the room it's sitting in over 65 degrees, nevermind the rest of the house. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

That doesnt sound right... My neighbor has put one of those Big E's in this year and i swear he is going to melt the siding off his house.

Gotta make sure you're running at a setting greater than 1.

#1 puts out some heat, 2 more, 3 starts getting hot, 4 = hotter, etc.

I have been told by more than one knowledgable source to NOT run it at setting 5 for more than 1 hour.

#5 is just for quickly heating up a cold area and then you're supposed to dial it back down.

FG.

This question has been around a few times in the last week.

WHERE IS YOUR DEALER? HAVE YOU CALLED HIM/HER?

1.) what position is the toggle switch in? better be in manual unless you are running a correct t-stat.

2.) Double check the toggle switch again......

3.) what is the heat level you are using.

Is the problem fixed and you are in a 75 degree house?

All else fails and your Dealer is in hidding with your money call me.

Eric
330-876-0200

call me on Tuesday morning after 8:30 am.

Eric
330-876-0200

How many pellets have you used ?
If you are running it on 1 , about a pound an hour, on 2 about 1.5 pounds per hour, on 3 about 2.5 pounds per hour and so on .

Are the RPMS on the fan going up as you raise the heat settings ?

I think I've found the problem. I was over my friend's house yesterday because I wanted him to show me how he runs his stove. He has a Harmon pellet stove. His was blowing a lot warmer than mine ever has. Just as a longshot I asked him if I could buy or trade a bag of his pellets for mine. They both were 100% hardwood pellets, although his was a different brand. So I just put them in and can't believe what a difference it made - the air is now blowing hot. Now I have to figure out what to do with 3 tons of lousy pellets I bought from Sam's Club. Anybody else buy them from Sam's?

What brand of pellets are they? I bought Maine woods pellets and I am not real satisfied with them. They seem to have a lot of ash and I am not sure that the heat output is up to par either. I do know that I am forever cleaning out the ash etc. Oh well, got three tons to burn. I think I will try a couple of bags of something else to see how much difference I see. Anybody got a suggestion for the best pellets to burn???

Try buying a ton of the good pellets and mix them in with your junk ones. That's about all you can do... or sell them on craigs list for $450 a ton! HA! Seriously though, your bad pellets may burn fine in someone else's stove.

On those Penningtons, does it say premium hardwood on the front or just premium wood pellets. I have both. the latter were bought at Wall mart, about 25 bags. I was wondering what type of wood they were. The Penningtons that say Premium hardwood, I bought at my stove dealer. I have a ton of these and they seem to burn better than the ones that just say premium wood pellets. I do what treehacker said and mix them together....

Sam's Club said they would take them back for any of you who also bought pellets from them and are dissatisfied. Now I'm going to have to find some new ones and I hear most dealers are backordered. Can anybody recommend a good brand of pellets?

Status
Not open for further replies.