big E noob

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mondragon

Dec 14, 2012
so i bought a Breckwell big e in January and now the temp is lower than it was when i first bought it. i haven't changed pellets yet. I have always bought the same pellets. i also have done the leafblower trick multiple times. i am sick of cleaning it out every two days. i dont have and OAK system. i didn't have this problem before. i also have always had it hooked up to a muliwatt thermestat. i have cleaned behind the traps with a wire brush on the walls. i was wondering if i need the out and up on my big e? it sits in the corner and goes straight out and than up. i have posted pictures of back of the stove and how it is hooked up outside. let me know if there is anything i can do. i am ready to throw this stove out.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 90
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    230.7 KB · Views: 90
Often pellets change, So if you have done all the cleaning stuff and your sure you have done what the guys will ask here. I would simply try a different pellet and see how it goes.

You didn't mention the pellet brand your using, Maybe post that and see if others have had issues with them this season. We might bew able to suggest a pellet that could be a bit better as well.

I do see that you are not using an adapter on the venting but that is not a cause to THIS issue. Was the unit new or used?

Eric

try another brand of pellets

Will do going to let the hooper run out before I scoop it all out. I have a few bags of pellets from another part of Wisconsin I will try tomorrow after I clean it out again

Also no need for adaptor I have an open floor plan for my other rooms and noticed the warm air in the other rooms

Status
Not open for further replies.