Big e not turning on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

zrock

Minister of Fire
Dec 2, 2017
bc
Shut down the stove this aft since it was such a nice day out. Went over to turn it on tonight and the green power light was flashing. Pressed the power button a few times and nothing. Unplugged and tried again and still will not turn on. Checked fuse and this seems to be good. Iv had this happen before but usually it will turn on before or after unplugging

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Took a jumper and jumped all the limit switches. When I did the exhaust blower the blower kicked on but nothing else

Maybe try jumping hopper switch,and unplugging/plugging back in the molex connector on the control board.

Looks like this stove does not have a hopper switch.. cannot find anything in the hopper or any wires running up that way... I have unplugged that connector 100 times LOL... I tested the outputs and according to the trouble shooting if i have power going to convection blower with stove off the board is good... When i jump the POF switch for the combustion blower that blower will turn on. When i plug it in the convection blower gets a little bump in power like it always has. To me the board is testing good unless the actual power button failed... Thats the next thing i have to test when i wake up

Take the board out and remove the face plate check the trace right above the molex solder joints for burns

Board looks good to me..
e94430243a131158d7fb23a90b3113d6.jpg
36db576e6ae42007651b222335a8f04f.jpg

tested the push button switches and they all tested good. Only thing i have noticed is with convection blower plugged in i get 110v give or take on the hot wire. When i unplug the blower i get 10v on the hot wire. I figure that voltage should be the same both ways.

Why is the Tstat header bent? Is it in manual, hi/low, on/off?

OK Ssyko i love you... Just saved me $400... I thought i checked that switch several times and i do mean several times.. When my little one shut it off last night she must have used the switch and turned it to On/Off thinking it was the right switch... I did not get up to check since the stove went into shut down mode. That header has been bent since i got it.. the original owner just had the tstat wire running across his floor and probably tripped over it... I never bent it back as thats teh time something will break..

I really need to stop working on things when im tired...

Reactions: Mt Bob
Lmao :p

Lol.. it's always the stupid things that are tripping me up lately

At least something good came out of this. I cleaned all the cat hair out of convection blower.... found out the pof switch I ordered needs a adapter. Glad i found that out before i needed it