Big gaps on settings for stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireintheHole

Hearth Supporter
Does anyone else have a ? as why some stoves have a larger gap in the auger settings on their stove. The setting on my stove goes
from 2 to 3 , ( with nothing in between), and goes from a 5 second auger run to an 8 second auger run. This means a difference of
3.25 lbs per hour and 5.20 lbs per hour with nothing in between. I'll call the Hudson River place and see if they have some other
settings that aren't in the manual. ( I might hear it here sooner, though.) Westpoint stove. I've been wondering about the gap since
I first got the stove in Oct. and saw the close settings on the upper and lower settings, but not the middle.

There are likely no intermediate steps available , your stove isn't the only one that has sizable gaps.

If you were to attach a thermostat and place your stove in T-STAT mode it will go between lowest heat level and highest heat level selected by you so the stove would in effect operate between those settings depending upon heat need.

So if you want to get the effect of in between modes you'll need to run in thermostat mode.

I have to agree with STB. Put a T-stat on it. It will only run when your calling for heat.

I pretty sure that stove has a high/low setting. So you idle it once the stat is made. I use Auto/Off when its warm and High/Low when the temps drop below 30°F daily highs.

One step better is a programmable stat. Reasonable priced and allows for temp variations when your a sleep or at work.

jay

Status
Not open for further replies.