Big Heat producing BIG HEAT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

countk

Feeling the Heat
Nov 4, 2008
Cape Ann, MA
So I piked up a bag of Big Heat Pellets at the local Garden Center, just to try. The guy there says they had them last year, but was going to discontinue them this year, except so many people liked them he brought them back. Obviously I took his remarks with a grain of salt, but I figured it wouldn't hurt more than $5.98 to give them a try.

I burned them today and was very surprised at the amount of heat they threw out. Have been burning Lignetics and thought they were just as hot. Lots of fines, but who knows maybe they were not handled well. Ash level was fairly low.

At any rate, after doing a search, I come to find out the reviews were mostly terrible, so I'm surprised. Have they improved that much?

Anyone out there try them recently. Investor 7952, if your'e out there lurking around, can you tell me why they were so awful when you burned them? Maybe a bad batch! Am I the only one who liked these. One bag is not a great test, so I will get a couple more and compare them to the Lignetics.

Price is $279 ton, however this place never has great prices. They are also selling Corinth at the same price.

Status
Not open for further replies.