Bigfoot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firebroad

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2011
Carroll County, MD
Okay, which one of you Massachusetts Mudders has been processing wood in an unsafe manner?? Thought I told you to where safety boots...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...iant-decomposed-foot-Massachusetts-wood.html/

Fresh Bigfoot mystery as police admit they are baffled by giant decomposed foot found in Massachusetts wood

· Giant decomposed foot discovered in woodland in Massachusetts, U.S.
· Baffled local police sent the remains to a medical examiner for testing
By KERRY MCDERMOTT
PUBLISHED: 06:24 EST, 22 April 2013 | UPDATED: 13:01 EST, 22 April 2013
o
It sounds like the plot of a childhood adventure movie.
Two young boys stumble across a giant, decomposing foot in the woods, leaving local police to wonder whether the grisly find is evidence of the fabled Bigfoot.
But that's exactly what has happened in Massachusetts, U.S., where tests are being carried out on the mysterious remains amid speculation over exactly what kind of creature it belonged to.
clip_image002.jpg

Bigfoot? The giant decomposing foot was discovered by two young boys in woodland in Massachusetts, U.S.
According to a report on Discovery.com, the boys found the decomposing foot in woods in Quincy last month.

Baffled officers at the Lakeville Police Department sent the foot to medical examiners to see if they can shed any more light on its origin.

'On March 29, Sgt Steven Leanues picked up what appears to be a decomposed foot that the boys found in the woods off Pantheon Road,' it said, citing the Patriot Ledger newspaper.
'Police Chief Frank Alvihiera sent it to the medical examiner, who determined it is not human, although it appears to have five toes.'
clip_image004.jpg

Scene of the find: The woodland where the rotting foot was found
Also known as Sasquatch, Bigfoot is the name given to the hairy, ape-like creature that some believe live in forests in North America.
Sightings of the beast have been reported over decades by people who have pointed variously to mysterious sightings, inexplicably huge footprints, and giant nest-like structures as evidence that the elusive creature does in fact exist.
Believers who claim to have spotted the legendary creature - which was immortalised in the 1987 film Bigfoot and the Hendersons - say it stands between 6ft and 10ft tall, is covered in reddish brown fur, and has a distinctive, unpleasant odour.
While fans are likely to seize upon the find as further proof of the beast's existence, sceptics might predict the tests will reveal the foot belonged not to Bigfoot, but to a big bear.

More than like...but lets see your feet, AP...

More than like...but lets see your feet, AP...

I have small feet, which indicates that I have small... shoes.

Hey, my mom is Irish.

Maybe I missed it but wonder why did they not give the size?

Just a teensy bit more research from this "journalist" would have netted the actual name of the movie to be "Harry and the Hendersons".
Just watched it again a few days ago.

They also would have looked into it where it was actually found. Quincy or Lakeville, MA?

Oh yeah, I see what you did there.
Wonder if that "foot" would fit in the outdoor oven? Bit of BBQ sauce, a whole lotta' beer, and you're gooder to go.!!!

Ya know, I will admit, I did think of how that would be grilled with barbeque sauce. I guess it had a tasty rib-like look to it.

Bigfoot, chainsaw, no chaps......you do the math!

Reactions: PapaDave
That's whatcha git for processing wood bear-foot.

BEAR foot Hahaha ! I wonder how picked big foot would be :p bet I could get rich off a big foot recipe book too !

Pete

BEAR foot Hahaha ! I wonder how picked big foot would be :p bet I could get rich off a big foot recipe book too !

Pete
Oooh, Bearclaws, yum....;)

Reactions: PapaDave
one footed sasquatch is much slower, and therefore easier to catch than 2 footed squatch.....I headed out with my "have-a-heart" trap.....gonna finally land me a squatch...back away...make room for the professionals folks.

one footed sasquatch is much slower, and therefore easier to catch than 2 footed squatch.....I headed out with my "have-a-heart" trap.....gonna finally land me a squatch...back away...make room for the professionals folks.

Sasquatch has always only had one foot. Or it would have been called Bigfeet.

According to the movie I saw, squatch are quite amiable.
Maybe just give him a sammich. Don't forget the portable tv. They like the telly.
About 1976, there was a local "Bigfoot" sighting in Essex, a 'burb of Baltimore County. Someone reported that a large, hairy and rather stinky creature on two legs was banging around and rummaging through the trashcans behind a local bar. I demanded to know what my husband was doing around a bar. He replied that he was just trying to get a decent meal. Touche.

I guess size matters after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.