Bio-fuel (Pellet Plants) in the Bail Out Plan? Good for us?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ernie

Nov 21, 2005
Missouri
I just stumbled on this on the Taxpayers for Common Sense website. They were commenting about some of the tax extensions in the new law. I wonder if this is something new that will help create new pellet mills with more tax money. It looks like something new to me.
Any comments?
Ernie

http://www.taxpayer.net/resources.php?category=&type=Project&proj_id=1429&action=Headlines By TCS

Sec. 201. Inclusion of cellulosic biofuel in bonus depreciation for biomass ethanol plant property

Current law allows taxpayers to write-off 50% of the cost of any facility placed in service before January 1, 2013 that produces cellulosic ethanol. This provision expands the types of facilities that may be written-off to include production of other cellulosic biofuels in addition to cellulosic ethanol.

I think we need the lawyers to look at it!

Our trade org is likely to come out with some kind of analysis in the near future. I'll post the results........some members here may know more (dealers, etc.) because they stay very informed.

If nothing else, this will help the pellet supply in the long run. I'm going to move this to the Pellet Room for now because more people will see it.

Bio-fuel plant incentives hopefully will increase pellet supplies next year. The pellet tax credit will help with the stove cost recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.