Bixby pellet stove Bixcheck SW and igniter replacement steps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

piddle

Nov 10, 2020
central Minnesota
I'm new to the pellet stove thing and been reading all the good info from Rona and the other Bixby owners. My Dad was always burning wood on the farm to reduce the furnace heating oil cost.... Still remember freezing my hands while splitting wood... stacking wood and restacking after throwing down the basement... Bugs coming back alive... etc.

The cabin I bought came with Bixby MaxFire stove but previous owner didn't seem too handy but I'm looking for a winter project on getting this thing working. I took a ohmmeter and found both ceramic igniters are bad... Seem like I can get replacements but don't have clue how to replace on the stove... Anyone know where I can get a copy of the dealer's manual? Or tell me how to open the front covers of the stove so I can access them?

Also would like to get the Bixby Bixcheck software and update package if possible. Suspect this will help me troubleshoot the remaining problems. I tried to email/PM Rona but he does not seem to visit this forum much anymore.

I would appreciate any help you can offer.