Bixby question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Sep 23, 2016
minneapolis mn
I've been running a Bixby 115 for a few yrs now. It's s been a good stove and i enjoy tinkering with the settings. I started noticing the bearing on the exhaust fan has developed a growl and will need replaced. Am I able to replace just the bearing or does the whole motor need replaced? Any tips?
Future harman owner

I've been running a Bixby 115 for a few yrs now. It's s been a good stove and i enjoy tinkering with the settings. I started noticing the bearing on the exhaust fan has developed a growl and will need replaced. Am I able to replace just the bearing or does the whole motor need replaced? Any tips?
Future harman owner
Best to buy a new exh fan- between 160-170.00 I think there is a bushing on one side and bearing on another but haven't seen any information regarding success in rebuilding them. There is also a exh fan sensor that is on your old one. seems two nuts hold it in position. you will probably break a few screws and need to replace the inserts before you are done. I can replace them if needed. You should also get new gaskets. and when putting things together consider starting the screws from the inside so when you put the rectangular cleanout cover on you will see the ends of the screws pointing out so you can use simple nuts on the outside which will make it easier to remove the cover to clean the exh fan and not run the risk of breaking the screws off in the inserts

Reactions: bags