Blizzard update: 2 feet overnight Napoleon 1402 going strong.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimdrea

Mar 5, 2014
South of Boston
Woke up to 2 feet of drifting snow and heavy winds. We have another 15 hours of snow coming. I moved a quarter cord of dry hardwood from garage to my cellar so I don't have to go out. Loaded my insert this morning at 6 am on top of red coals and the house is a comfy 72 degrees. This is why I bought a insert last year. The comfort of knowing if the power goes out we will be alright. Beef stew cooking in the crockpot plenty of beer and a bottle of Jamison to weather the storm.

2 feet of drifts here too. Gusts 45+. Stocked up on Gatorade, condoms, and wood (quarter-cord in the entry hall) yesterday afternoon. My employer (the State) gave me two days off. Going to let my beard grow out like Grizzly Adams.

Reactions: jimdrea
Status
Not open for further replies.