Blower fan question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I have a lopi deerfield that's a couple years old. I've noticed today that on the highest setting of heat and fan that my blower is not blowing as hard as it used to. I used to not be able to stand directly in from if it for more than a couple second which I can now. Also, I noticed my venting pipe is much hotter than I've ever felt before. I do my weekly cleaning religiously, but is there something else I should be checking?

I have a I fared thermometer bit can't find it right now, but the pipe even 2 to 3 foot above the exhaust port (I vent the pipe through the roof) is too hot to leave my hand on for a half second or so without getting burned. Could my exhaust be partially blocked from ash? Or could it be an intake issue? I have a call into my dealer but a service person won't be available until Monday.

Try cleaning the Fan

I did that my model has two convection fans, I used a can of compressed air and my ash vac to clean the coils, also to clean the bearings they rest on since they are vertically mounted. It's still under warranty, they are going to set up an appointment for me sometime next week. It still works, but I'm losing alot of heat out the chimney