Blower Issue?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MDL3985

Sep 15, 2014
Pennsylvania
We bought our USSC 5660 about 3 years ago. Shortly after the first year, when warranty ran out, we started to have some issues. Our low temp switch stopped working and the company showed us how to by pass it and said it wasn't a big issue. Everything ran smoothly till the end of the season last year, now when the stove is lit for about an hour, the room blower shuts off. Is this related to the low temp switch or do I have another issue thats going to need addressed? Trying to get everything taken care of before the cold sets in but I'm still fairly new to the way these operate and the issues that they have. Any help is much appreciated! Thank you!

There is a tech from USSC that comes from time to time. Could be the fan control is going bad but I think the room fan itself if thermally protected is shutting down. Will have to remove and use compressed air to blow everything clean and may have oil ports in need of some oil too. Welcome and good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.