Blue Ridge Mountain Stove Works question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MarkDilley

Feb 4, 2023
Detroit
Hello, my friend has a Blue Ridge Mountain Stove Works wood burning stove and has need for assistance understanding how to find a part to get the flue to the left side of the chimney. (Chimney has three flues, boiler, 1st floor and 2nd floor.) Attached are photographs. Please help me understand what kind of questions I need to be asking. Best, Mark

Screenshot 2023-02-05 at 1.13.19 PM.png Screenshot 2023-02-05 at 1.13.08 PM.png

Do you have a full image of this stove? Is it a freestanding stove or an insert?

Freestanding, will work on getting a full photo.
It will need a rectangle to round transition boot. What is the size of the rectangular flue opening?

Thanks for clarifying, will that make a difference in trying to construct a left directional flue, for a three part chimney?
I have no idea what you mean by a left directional flue or a 3 part chimney honestly.

Edit.
Ok. I read back is this going into a fireplace? If so you need a fabricated boot to go to a round flexible insulated stainless liner

I have no idea what you mean by a left directional flue or a 3 part chimney honestly.

Edit.
Ok. I read back is this going into a fireplace? If so you need a fabricated boot to go to a round flexible insulated stainless liner
Thank you, where would I find someone that could fabricate a boot for this? (and I made this diagram before I saw your edit.

Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 10.35.06 PM.png

Greetings! I am also an owner of a Blue Ridge Mountain Stove insert for the past 42 year, having bought in about 1981. Amazing that it has worked for so long, but now the blower functioning has ceased.... I suspect and hope it may just be the adjustable knob. Any idea of how I could get a replacement for that part? I am also preparing for the worst that it may be the motor.
I have tried googling the motor information but with no luck: thanks for any help!
RMR S610CW33 type S
B54 thermally protected L
115V 60 Hz 1 PH
Cap Size5MFD/370VAC KY
FAN OUT

Blue1.jpg IMG_20231126_213935.jpg IMG_20231126_213914.jpg

The speed control can be bypassed. Test without it. If still no go, I'd carefully take the motor apart and see if the thermal fuse has blown. If so, replace and before putting it back together lubricate the bearings well. The other thing that may have petered out is the starting cap. If so, replace that.

These motors are often pretty generic. A good site like Graingers may have a direct replacement. Just match its specs and bolt pattern.