Boreal softwood pellets opinions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamespro

Nov 21, 2014
vermont
Brand new pellet user this year. I have a timber ridge (englander) pdvc 25 just installed last month. I waited too long to buy the pellets that i tested in the stove (blazers), so i bought a ton of North American hardwood softwood blend. These would be good shoulder pellets but not putting out nearly enough heat for vermont. I've heard that Englander stoves like softwood pellets and i found a ton and half of Boreal softwood pellets for $369. Anyone have any opinions on these pellets?

I haven't burned em, but I have two tons of Okanagan Platinum soft woods and I have the same stove but the Summers Heat name. I tried North Americans and they was 3-4 times more build up in my burn pot with the NA's. As far as I can tell, these stoves much prefer soft wood pellets.

Just burned the first bag last night. Low ash but really not impressed with the heat output. Time to look for the next one to try.

I bought a tin and returned them. Really long pellets between 2 and 3 in. Killing my auger. No ash .... But no heat either.

I've been running some more as filler before the end of the season, and all I can say now is "never again". Ton's of ash (especially at lower heat output), probably the most ash I've seen out of any of the pellets I've burned.

Status
Not open for further replies.