Bought 6 bags of PTL's to use for "shoulder" pellets.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slvrblkk

Minister of Fire
Feb 2, 2008
Northampton, PA
Holy crap was I wrong, these things burn hot!!!!! These things are definitely 10 times better than the last time I tried them. The pellets used to be a very dark color and they are opposite that now. Guess I should go buy more! It really has been a great year (at least in my area) that the big boxes have been selling really good pellets at a good price.

Reactions: will711
Yep, as reported by our resident pellet tester Jay T., he said a while ago that the PTL's are good this year.

This seasons batch has impressed me too. Picked up a few more on the way home today. Put 10 bags in the truck of the fusion. Defiantly need more to finish the season with the way this weather has been!

'Scuz my ignorance - "PTLs"?

Reactions: Jack Morrissey
JT, did you ever test the MWP softies?

Holy crap was I wrong, these things burn hot!!!!! These things are definitely 10 times better than the last time I tried them. The pellets used to be a very dark color and they are opposite that now. Guess I should go buy more! It really has been a great year (at least in my area) that the big boxes have been selling really good pellets at a good price.

It's been a very good year for us . Scored PTL's, SET's ,GT's , Timber heat & Cheat River, not a dog in the bunch.:cool: I'm still sitting on a 30 bag mix of Turman's, Hammer's & GAP's . No shoulder pellets here ;)

It's been a very good year for us . Scored PTL's, SET's ,GT's , Timber heat & Cheat River, not a dog in the bunch.:cool: I'm still sitting on a 30 bag mix of Turman's, Hammer's & GAP's . No shoulder pellets here ;)

I'm going to buy more PTL's tomorrow...I got about 3 ton 'Sets....1/2 ton of the freebies....15 bags of Turman...and a bag each of the other stuff....I really got the sickness....I think? lol

Reactions: will711
MWP softies: Heat was 254::F and ash was below 0.04% nothin shabby about em!

So they were worth the $235 delivered that I paid for them?

Reactions: jtakeman
.I really got the sickness....I think? lol

Yeah but it's a Good sickness;) Wife says the other day you haven't bought any pellets lately , I say your right ,but more will be coming soon :cool:

Reactions: slvrblkk
How do they stack up against other softies?

How do they stack up against other softies?

They run with the others like McFeeter's in both heat and ash. Heat is real close to the Vermont's, Ash Vermont's were cleaner.

Looking at what you paid, I'd say its a good bang for the buck spent.

They run with the others like McFeeter's in both heat and ash. Heat is real close to the Vermont's, Ash Vermont's were cleaner.

Looking at what you paid, I'd say its a good bang for the buck spent.

Thanks for the info. As I said in a post somewhere tonight, they kept my house at 74-75 all this past week, so I have no complaints

Hm, no kidding. All the HDs here carry is NA, FSU and every so often Chow.

Status
Not open for further replies.