BRAND NEW Englander 25 PDVC wont stay lit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dartfrogz

Nov 20, 2014
ct
As the title says, our englander pellet stove was bought brand new at home depot, 1 or 2 months ago, in Oct or Nov. Would It won't stay lit. Its our only heat source. We are freezing.

When the blower is supposed to come on, the stove goes into E2. What is going on????

Please help!!!

I dont understand this. Its a brand new pellet stove. It lights up like normal then e2 and goes into SD.
Its friggen freezing here! 14 degrees

Give englander tech a call this morning at around 8am est. they will walk you through the troubleshooting. Im thinking your low limit switch(proof of fire) is faulty. Have you run the stove much?

Your manual stats that for cold starts, Heat Range 5-9 should be used until the distribution fan comes on. If that does not work, check out this support link and go through the steps:

http://www.heatredefined.com/e-2-failure-to-start/

Could be ignitor not aligned correctly, Air On Temp set wrong, or heat sensor (A non functional or disconnected heat sensor: If the unit does not read sufficient heat within the startup sequence, it will assume that the unit did not start and give an E-2 code. This can happen with a bad heat sensor, even if the unit starts normally and does get hot, and a mis-programmed "air on temp" setting; must be on 1.)

Home depot exchanged it. We are trying to do the 3 hour outside burn but we got e2 again. Im HOPING its because its so cold and it wasnt up to temp?
Tried calling 800 # and it was busy said to call back. Just worried im.gonna have the same issue again.

Does the stove HAVE to have a 3 hour burn outside? Can i bring it in and deal with the paint smell?

It will stink up the house but it can be done

Home depot exchanged it. We are trying to do the 3 hour outside burn but we got e2 again. Im HOPING its because its so cold and it wasnt up to temp?
Tried calling 800 # and it was busy said to call back. Just worried im.gonna have the same issue again.

Does the stove HAVE to have a 3 hour burn outside? Can i bring it in and deal with the paint smell?

Bring the stove inside and deal with the paint for a few hours. Just open a window if it gets too much. You are quite vague in your post so can we assume the stove does or does not ignite? It sounds like it does ignite, but before it gets hot it goes into E2? If that's the case then just hit the ON button one time and it will begin the cycle again. Keep us posted....

My TRPIP did the same thing when it was new, I had to adjust the igniter closer to the burn pot slightly otherwise it took too long to start the fire and the stove would "time out" with an E2 error even though it did actually light.

So far so good with the new stove. So happy HD exchanged it for us. I did the 3 hr burn outside. I thought the fumes were dangerous lol otherwise i would have just dealt w the smell. But all is good.. we are WARM!!! :)

And yes JJ, the 1st stove would fire up beautifully, then shut down. Worked fine since sept 30th. Then the other night, i wasn't home (was in vt for the holiday) but my nephew who was here said the stove was acting funny and had a very strange smell, plasticy smell. (I assumed i just had to clean it and he was just confused in thinking it smelled funny lol) left vt early because our pets except out dogs were home and we didnt want them cold.. cleaned the stove.. lit it.. beautiful flames.. then it turned off. I was like huh thats weird. And relit it. Happened over and over again. But that stove has been returned and we are now warm again :)

Crappy it happened but thankful i still had 2 days on the 90 day store warranty!!!!

Reactions: Hot Foot
My TRPIP did the same thing when it was new, I had to adjust the igniter closer to the burn pot slightly otherwise it took too long to start the fire and the stove would "time out" with an E2 error even though it did actually light.
I did my burn in inside with no ill effects. And I agree with Tails, I had the same problem with my igniter until I moved it closer to the burn pot.