Brand or Model of Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dancorn

Aug 2, 2021
Bought a house a few years ago and it had a stove. Can not find any name plate or other ID
Says Phoenix across both lower doors. Has an oven across the Top. Sent pics to Hearthstone and they said not theirs.
it is 32" H. 32" W and 22" deep.

Anyone?
Thanks

IMG_20210731_152518162_HDR.jpg IMG_20210731_152919253_HDR.jpg

I don't recognize it, but there was an old company that made Phoenix fireplace inserts. Not sure if it's the same company. The stove is kind of cool, though it would seem like the oven would get pretty hot on the bottom, sitting over the firebox. Probably ok for pizza though.

Thank you, I had not considered it to be an insert. I just thought it was a plain (non fancy) stove due to the short angle iron legs.
You might be right. The only Phoenix Foundry I found was located in Phoenixville, PA . Interestingly, it supplied "puddled iron" for the Eiffel Tower.
See pic.

Attachments

• IMG_20210802_121301254.jpg
    IMG_20210802_121301254.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 85
It looks like it was designed to be a freestander. The Phoenixville Foundry was big. Looks like they were famous for bridgeworks, railroad rails, ordinance, and they had a steelworks which may be where the stove is from. Not sure, as that closed down in 1976. Looks all around the stove for other casting marks that may help with the ID.

Note that there was also a Phoenix Foundry in Toronto that may have made stoves.