Breckwell 23fs wont drop pellets til it gets hot 30+ minutes.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Brandonjr36

Feb 13, 2020
Joplin missouri
Hey guys I have an older Breckwell 23fs and it won't drop pellets til if gets hot takes about 30 minutes I have to manually feed it til I hear a spring noise in the back then it starts dropping them automatically. I seen where the low limit switch might be the problem. Mine is broken and just hanging there. But I'm pretty sure it was doing this before it got broken off. I'm going to replace it. The last 2 years I've had to manually feed it every time I started the stove and I really don't want to have to do that this year. It's a major pain in the ass. Do yall think it could be just that switch? If so do you know of any place to buy a good switch. I've found some on Amazon but don't know if they are the correct one or not. Any help is appreciated!

I would start with a good cleaning (leaf blower trick) or the tried and true take it apart and clean everything, HERE is the manual for your stove read it and replace all the parts that are broken. then report back and let us know how you made out

Reactions: johneh