Breckwell big e

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I do the leaf blower trick too.
See vid

If you do use the air compressor, you can put an ac cord on the exhaust blower so most the ash will go outside. :)

C68108D5-10A2-42D7-B5CB-A94BEE894A41.jpeg

That’s what it looks like tonight, I just vacced out the combustion area about 3 hrs ago and flame is doing better today cause been messing with the pipe and everything I can teach through the door with my vac and coat hangers.

I vac out the fan and auger monthly, and the fan motor is still good just need to take the bearings apart and find replacements and I’ll have a good spare.. now I also feel part of the bearings burning up was I part of leaving it on high fan for like 1.5 months prior then failing.

Also don what size stove pipe is that?? I thought mine was 4 inch but that looks way bigger then mine is
It is Selkirk DT. 4” exhaust venting with a 3rd wall to bring in warm and dry fresh air to the burn pot. It makes pellet stoves 10% more efficient.
The ash feels dryer and does not clog the burn pot as much. Easier to keep the stove clean.

Attachments

• 822FD77C-14A4-4522-AD16-73AD949170A3.png
    822FD77C-14A4-4522-AD16-73AD949170A3.png
    147.4 KB · Views: 132
Reactions: Washed-Up
I will have to get those pictures Wednesday when I return home. I’m at work and stay out of town and usually come home Wednesday evening.. thanks for all your guys help, seriously I’ve asked the dealer that does service calls on this many times and he hasn’t mentioned any of this stuff once

Well he sells and does all the servicing in couple towns all small town Idaho I mean he always done right by me.. he’s met me on the weekends a few times for parts (power outage fried my control board, than for the fan replacement)

Here’s those pics you were wanting

Attachments

• 6D1EA2E7-62E8-473B-92A7-481EDA9DAD38.jpeg
    6D1EA2E7-62E8-473B-92A7-481EDA9DAD38.jpeg
    156.7 KB · Views: 129
  • A9F6417F-BA52-4F4A-BC95-1BF3824E87B3.jpeg
    A9F6417F-BA52-4F4A-BC95-1BF3824E87B3.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 139
No outside air installed.. that could be part of your problem... Also that's a poor install for a professional the outside of that wall thimble should have been cut into the siding so it sits flush. Or at the vey min has some silicone around it so no water can penetrate water is going to penetrate over time and cause rott

I honestly never even thought of that thank you zrock.. I’ll have to silicone it up myself.. house was 100% remodeled inside and out last spring so I really don’t want that to start rotting a exterior wall

its things like that show me that the installer does not take any pride or care in his work... Myself i would have never let the installer leave with the outside not cut in properly... When i installed mine i actually notched the cover to match the siding and positioned it so it was right under the lip of the siding above so the water would just run right over top of the seam then sealed everything up..

Completely agree.. I wasn’t there when he installed to be honest and at the time of install I didn’t own the house. Father in law owned and did the remodel.. but kind of thinking this summer of doing a covered patio right where this is.. and I’m starting to wonder how much smoke will accumulate from this or not

Only reason i probably noticed it is i used to set up modular homes so i always made things as perfect as i could. I never wanted the phone call come and fix this so it was always 110%. Im not sure how that would react with a covered deck never seen anyone do that before

Can’t do a covered deck with a stove pipe. Pipe will have to go up through the roof or moved away from covering

If I have to I’ll take it up.. but that is the only good spot for a covered deck and wife wants it and I’m tired of my grill being covered is snow and ice and can’t use it.. eventually I am going to build my shop and covered parking just off of this pad too

Oh the Boss wants it, and so it shall be ! ;) It shouldn’t be to hard. We have been discussing a retractable awning off the back eves over the pool deck. And like you my warden wants it, so as soon as the siding is done up goes an awning. And i stay out of solitary:)

Reactions: johneh