breckwell convection fan stuck on high

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rkelly

Oct 29, 2012
Need some input here. Stove fires up fine, runs like it should EXCEPT the room blower fan stays on high. I've been researching this and I don't find a lot on this problem. What I have seen is a possible bad pof switch. I called Breckwell and was told either it is the blower motor or the circuit board and that's it. I asked if it could be the pof switch but was told no. I did replace the blower motor last year with a after market fasco. What little I used it this fall it was working ok but at low speed the rpm would vary. Thinking the motor needed to be oiled I dropped a few drops (quite a few) of oil in the half moon opening near the upper rear of motor. Seems the problem I'm having with the fan speed occured after I did this. Any chance this is related to the issue? The stove is a p2700 about six or seven years old. Any thoughts out there before I invest in a new board???

Some controllers have a fan override switch if at any point you have pressed this switch the stove will operate the fan at high speed until you press it again or the controller loses power, this is not the same as turning the stove on and off as there is still power to the controller. Hint a power outage or unplugging the stove will cause the controller to reset.

Now if that convection blower is oil-able there will be two oil ports one at each end of the shell in line with the shaft these ports lead to the bearings/bushings. One or two drops of the oil specified on the makers plate (every six months) in each port followed by turning the fan by hand a few turns is all that should be needed. If you haven't kept up with the lubrication schedule you need to take that into account when adding oil.

ETA: What year is your stove, what controller does it have? The above pertains to a digital controller.

Last edited:
I no more than submitted this question and it started to work right???? The high speed button I'm aware of and it wast'n on. The stove is 6 or7 years old. Sometimes this thing has a mind of it's own. Thanks for replying

Status
Not open for further replies.