Breckwell P2000 Auger Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

NEPelletStove92

Nov 25, 2017
CT
script>
Hello - I moved into a condo with a Breckwell P2000 Insert and this is the first season with the stove for me. I had it serviced and cleaned at the start of the season and have been hearing a grinding noise most of the time when burning. It seemed to not be as frequent and loud when the hopper has been recently filled or if the pellets were close to the auger. However over time the pellets would not be as close to the auger and the grinding noise would return. I couldn't tell if something was jammed, so I cleaned out the hopper and held the feed button to spin the auger to pinpoint when the noise occurred and make sure no pellets were jammed. It looks like there is a chip in the auger blade.

Does this picture below seem like it could be causing the grinding noise or is it from something else causing the grinding noise and chipping the blade. What do you recommend the next step be? To try and file down the chip or have the auger replaced?

90jDw

Thank you for your help!

If you can get to it easy enough file the chip smooth. Did the grinding noise get louder with the hopper empty? Does it grind when auger is not running? Have you ckecked the combustion blower and ensure its clean and fan blades are clean and not bent?

I concur with bob. try your auger motor first it's the least expensive. i have this exact motor in my Big-E and its going on 3 yrs, so far so good