Breckwell P2000 - what is the horizontal slot/knob under the panel?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

alanwe1972

Dec 30, 2022
Philadelphia, PA
Hi all!

My mother has a Breckwell Pellet Stove P-2000 or P-2700, I'm not sure which one exactly as she doesn't have the manual (the online manual appears to be the same for each of these models). My father used to take care of the pellet stove for her but now she operates it fine after he passed away a few years ago. I was visiting her recently and we were looking at the stove, and she said "I don't know what this is used for", pointing to the horizontal slot and knob directly under the control panel (see attached photo). I didn't want to mess with it in operation, but wasn't sure either and I can't find anything about it online. I registered here in hope that someone can help me out as I don't know anything about these stoves! Thank you in advance for any info!

breckwell.jpg