Breckwell P22 dropping pellet issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Snjqdj98

Nov 21, 2021
California
I have a P22 and it starts up fine, great flame but then after about 15 min I lose my flame. Auger is turning every 14 sec on high..not sure how often its supposed to turn on high. Sometimes though it will only drop a couple pellets, sometimes quite a few. Usually though it's on dropping 1 to 4 pellets. I assume this is why I loose my flame. There is not a clog in the chute. Have taken the panel off the auger and ran a hanger down it. Everything inside has been cleaned. Please help....why is it not dropping very many pellets and why am I loosing my flame? Thanks

Snjqdj98 Welcome to the forum
When you say the stove is on high do you mean the fan or the heat level ?
If the heat level is set at one then the auger cycle is longer between turning
If it is set higher it turns sooner . The number of pellets dropped on each cycle will vary
from a little to a lot depending on what the auger is carrying at the time
Now that's about as clear as mud
Do you have a manual ?if you do read it !!
If not here is one

2 things i have encountered when pellet feed starts to slow down. Excess fines are sitting at the auger and are not getting forced out... Empty the hoper and vacuum out all the fines. Pellets have to many long pellets in them and they are not allowing the pellets to drop into the auger properly...