Breckwell P22 Help Please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Spidyrmen1

Nov 6, 2018
Prescott Az
I have a Breckwell P22 that isn't working well. I am burning Lignetics Premium Quality pellets. I don't know if they are to large for the auger to put out but on heat level 3 at 15 second intervals it drops 1-8 pellets. Most of the time it's 1-3. My house is 1100 square feet and it is only reaching 64 degrees. A little chili. Is there different size pelletts i can try? Also I purchased a thermostat and can't seem to get that to work either. I also have cleaned the stove top to bottom. Thanks in advance for the help. Happy Holidays everyone

If its similar to my big e you have to set the switch on the control panel for the thermostat it has 3 settings. Usually when i find my feed rate falls i find most of the time its just a build up of fines around the auger that are not getting pulled up or a couple of big pellets that are stuck across auger opening and not going through.

When you switch modes on-off / high-low / manual you have to shut the stove down first make changes and restart. Breckwell’s do tend to like smaller pellets I guess the auger tube pick up is a little small who knows. Mine doesn’t like long pellets.

Are those pellets hardwood or softwood? When i looked them up i get both answers.. If they are a hardwood may try a bag of softwood.. Maby they are getting bound in feeder and its not breaking them up.. Iv never run a hardwood in my stove as i read a few reviews the breckwell i have did not like them.