Breckwell P23FS hopper wall hot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marcs0809

Nov 14, 2016
nashua
Installed a new firebrick but noticed the right side of the hopper gets pretty hot after running on 3 for a few hours. any thoughts or is this ok?

I can touch it but it's pretty hot if I held my hand there for a min or two.

Just afraid of a pellet hopper fire and want to be safe. there is insulation between back wall and hopper.

20161207_194903.jpg
20161207_194903.jpg

Attachments

• 20161206_194830.jpg
    20161206_194830.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 100
If you follow the orange wires, you will find a high limit switch that shuts down the auger if it hits too high a temperature. It should be on the other side of stove on the back wall of the firebox. Usually blowers will continue until temp drops down low enough and stove shuts down completely.

If you follow the orange wires, you will find a high limit switch that shuts down the auger if it hits too high a temperature. It should be on the other side of stove on the back wall of the firebox. Usually blowers will continue until temp drops down low enough and stove shuts down completely.

OK I did that and there is a silver disc connected to it. so I should be OK to not worry and that would "trip" if there is an issue right?

OK I did that and there is a silver disc connected to it. so I should be OK to not worry and that would "trip" if there is an issue right?
Pic of what it looks like http://www.stove-parts-unlimited.com/Breckwell-60T21-High-Limit-Thermodisc-p/c-e-090-21.htm
That's what it is designed for;) The other thermodisc or snap disc is on the combustion blower (in your photo). It is the low-limit disc that turns on the convection blower once it reaches a preset temp (usually 120 or 140). It also turns off the convection blower once it drops below that temp.

Pic of what it looks like http://www.stove-parts-unlimited.com/Breckwell-60T21-High-Limit-Thermodisc-p/c-e-090-21.htm
That's what it is designed for;) The other thermodisc or snap disc is on the combustion blower (in your photo). It is the low-limit disc that turns on the convection blower once it reaches a preset temp (usually 120 or 140). It also turns off the convection blower once it drops below that temp.
Both of these are intact and the combustion motor does shut off about 20 minutes after the stove is powered down.

My concern was that if we run it over 3, the right side (inside the hopper) wall gets pretty hot to the touch and i just fear of a hopper fire. people told me that i should not worry but im just airing on the side of caution and wanted to touch base with someone who is familiar with this older stove before i put it back to 3 or 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.