Breckwell P24FS feeding issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ItsCoop

Nov 10, 2021
Reno, NV
We've had this stove since 2005 with minimal issues. I have noticed that after cleaning, it now takes quite awhile to start dropping pellets again. The feed light will come on, but the pellets don't always drop like they should - almost like the message isn't getting sent to the auger motor (as dumb as that sounds). The auger motor was replaced in 2015 so I don't think that is the issue, but I could be wrong. I am hesitant to blame the auger because it works as it should most of the time

Last night, the pellets stopped dropping and the flame went out although there was plenty of pellets in the hopper. Once I started it back up, it was fine the rest of the night into today. I'm thinking maybe it's a control board issue but I'm not really sure. I'd hate to spend $400 on a new board if that is not the issue. Can anyone help me diagnose? TIA

I also have an Harmon Accentra-2 2005 model and it has just recently started doing the same exact thing. I have found the stove shutdown twice which is very unusual and it always starts right back up ok so I started watching it yesterday. I notice that the feed light would come on but the motor wouldn't this happens about 40% of the time. It must eventually cause the stove to alarm and shut down. I don't know which direction to go in, is it the board or the motor? Help....

Have you emptied your hopper and cleaned the fines out of it? I was having issues with it starting lately and lower than normal heat output.. Emptied my hopper and found enough fines to completely cover the auger by a few inches.. Looks like i may have dumped a wet bag of pellets in or something. I usually do this a couple of times a season anyway and usually only find a cup or so of fines that will not push up the auger..

Yeah, its not a problem with feeding pellets, when the feed motor comes on it feeds pellets no problem. It is the fact that the stove calls for pellets and the motor doesn't come on. More irritating is that this happens intermittently -