Breckwell P24FSA Trouble

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

erthwyrm

Apr 12, 2009
Nova Scotia
Recently my Breckwell stove began acting very strange. It will burn fine for a few hours and then the entire stove fills with flame. A huge ball of flame forms about 3 inches over the burn pot, and there are flames coming from below the burn pot too. The stove gets incredibly hot and gives off a strange burning smell, as well as filling with smoke. The ash box is empty, I cleaned the pipe and blower, my rope gaskets all seem to be good. Anyone ever hear tell of a proplem like this? I had gasket issues last winter, but that just caused a lazy flame and lots of smoke. This is nothing like that and I can't figure out what is wrong. Any ideas?

Sounds like you are having an airflow issue. The most common reason for this problem is inadequate maintenance or cleaning. When was the last time you removed and cleaned behind the small ash clean out access doors in the combustion chamber? What about your exhaust pipe? When was it last cleaned? Have you ever cleaned the fan blades on your combustion blower? These are the most common reasons for a large lazy camp fire type flame.

Status
Not open for further replies.