Breckwell p24fsa not blowing hot air

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tmysanchez

Dec 22, 2023
Hudson Valley NY
Hello everyone,
I'm at a loss. My Breckwell isn't blowing any heat. Tho last night it blew heat for about 15 min then cold air again. I've deep cleaned it every single day since this issue began this season. The flame is high and orange and goes straight up. I also changed the gaskets and added a cold air intake to it. It drops tons of pellets that aren't being burned at all. I'm unsure of what parts I should replace. It's in a small 10 x 14 size room. I've tried different pellets to see if that helped and there was no change in temperature. It's an older pellet stove so its a manual ignite and nothing digital on it at all...just a knob and 2 buttons. Thanks :)

are the blower fans working? if you have flame you have heat so to me the room blower has crapped out and not blowing the heat into the room and the exhaust fan is sucking it all outside.

The flame is high and orange and goes straight up
That statement tells me the stove lacks combustion air
Your stove might benefit from the leaf blower trick
Breckwell are know for hidden ash traps that are hard to clean

Reactions: Washed-Up
Is this the type with the cleaning key?

1703261977639.png

Attachments

• Breckwell1991ModelsP24FsUsersManual420571.932277808.pdf
    346 KB · Views: 49
That looks like not enough draft, could be draft fan going bad but more likely ash trapped in the venting doesn't take much just a handful in the wrong spot. As suggested leaf lower trick you need a leaf blower that has the vacuum function, as you are actually sucking the ash out not blowing.

First one is the one I have No vacuum so I siliconed a adapter on the bottom inlet, it was on sale for $28 so I thought i was getting a deal. If I ever have to get another(doubtful) I would get one with the vacuum it would be much easier to match up the vacuum end with the vent pipe. Just looking at the vacuum port you can imagine how easy it would be to connect to pellet vent.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/GREENWOR...MIroylr6GogwMVpTOtBh1cPQOYEAQYCCABEgIxz_D_BwE

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyper-To...MI2-Tsy6KogwMVDV5HAR0-GwcUEAQYASABEgKOYfD_BwE

That looks like not enough draft, could be draft fan going bad but more likely ash trapped in the venting doesn't take much just a handful in the wrong spot. As suggested leaf lower trick you need a leaf blower that has the vacuum function, as you are actually sucking the ash out not blowing.

Some have broken vacuum switch, so either remove hose from switch or leave door open on stove. I personally have not removed hose or left door open, I have been using leaf blower twice a year for 14 years and never replaced a vacuum switch. Then again maybe I have been lucky or my leaf blower is strong enough to clean vent but not strong enough to break vacuum switch.

Just to be on the safe side take the hose off the vac switch