Bronz Taco Pump

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmarv

Oct 29, 2008
MN
Hi All i have home built corn boiler (open system) and my 005 bronz taco pump went out on sunday no parts.
so to keep my system up and running i installed a cast 007 taco all is good for now.
My question is can i leave the cast one in till spring? when i installed the pump i didnot install valves, so the next time i drain the sys i need to install valves
on each side of the pump.
I will repair the bronz pump and keep the cast one for a spair.

Thanks
Jmarv

i know lots of people with owb that run cast pumps year round. i dont see a problem unless you have some real harsh water conditions. do you have a way to check and treat your water in the system? that would be if your really worried.

The bronze pump would only be required for potable water. for hydronic heat it is a bonus.

I use soft well water and the guy across the street sells boiler treatment so he will test the water and give me the stuff to add.

maybe i will just leave the cast pump in the system

thanks
jmarv

Some how ---- I always thought you had built a closed system --- Me Bad for assuming :(

Anyway the cast pump will be fine, especially if you watch the water ph and nitrate levels.

Nice to see ya still posting

Sting

005 sounds like a small circ for a heating system? Is it on a DHW hx or domestic water side?

Often times you can change just the motor power head and keep the bronze body. But I'm not sure about an 007/ 005 motor compatability.

hr

My old bronz pump is a 005 and semed to work but i think that i have a better heat output with the 007

Sting i'm allways lurking around hear and iburncorn.com i dont say much thier dosent seem to be a lot of home builder out thier.

Thanks
Jmarv

Status
Not open for further replies.