Buck 28000 blower question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonny006

Aug 2, 2013
Ct
I have been searching for the answer but to no avail so here goes-
How does the blower work on these stoves? I know they are thermostatically controlled but how do I know it is working? The stove has a single toggle switch on the lower right front. It is a single position ie; on and off. When I plug it in and turn it on the blower turns on. I read that there is a three speed setup but how does that work? I'll I have to fire it up and see what happens? I was under the impression that the motor turns on when the stove reaches operating temp to move the hot air and cool the stove correct? Can someone set me straight here please.
Thank you!

Originally, the three-speed Buck Stoves were set up with a bar-type (CPI) thermostat and a two position switch (manual and automatic).

If you plug the stove in and flip the switch to where the motor runs, this is the "manual" position. The fan motor will run regardless of stove temperature in this position.

If you flip the switch to the opposite position, it will be on "automatic" operation. In this position, the fan motor will only come on when the stove reaches a certain temperature, and will cycle from low to medium, to high speed as the temperature of the stove increases. Of course, this is assuming that the thermostat is working properly.

I hope this helps.

I have a 28 also. Mine always had a two switch position. Automatic is up and manual (high) is down. Automatic is thermostatically controlled, manual control is high only (down position). Speak to the techs at servicesales above. They know it all.

Excellent. That was the info I was looking for. Thank you!
And Servicesales has been a huge help with my questions. They will be getting my business.

Status
Not open for further replies.