Buffalo Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kd141

Hearth Supporter
Oct 22, 2009
Buffalo NY
Hi friend has a Buffalo pellet stove model Acura Bay 200 Mfg in 1997 there is power to the stove but not to the control board motor nothing he check the wires fuese were blowing changed them out still no power.Does anyone one have a diagram on this stove to troubleshoot or has anyone had the same problem .Thank`s

Attachments

• PB070279-1.jpg
    PB070279-1.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 543
I never heard of that brand, but see a new web site:
http://www.buffalopelletstoves.com/index.php

which is named the same. I doubt it is the same stove, though....or even the same maker. Still, it might provide a lead for you.

Oh, I see that new firm bought the assets of the original Buffalo, so that is probably where you would find out the most about them....

good luck

Well after talking to the guy at buffalo pellet stove he said that with the stove being old it has to be rewired he said more then likely its the control board Has anyone heard of this ?.Is there a place were I can get a control board from to try I attach a picture of the board .He is talking 1000.00 to rewire and put a new augur in is that a good price.Thank`s for the help

Attachments

• PB070280-1.jpg
    PB070280-1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 469
kd141 said:
Well after talking to the guy at buffalo pellet stove he said that with the stove being old it has to be rewired he said more then likely its the control board Has anyone heard of this ?.Is there a place were I can get a control board from to try I attach a picture of the board .He is talking 1000.00 to rewire and put a new augur in is that a good price.Thank`s for the help

I'd find another stove... sell the Buffalo on Craig's list as a fixer-upper....

You can buy a new stove for $2,000.00 and get a big rebate from Uncle Sam...

krooser said:
kd141 said:

I'd find another stove... sell the Buffalo on Craig's list as a fixer-upper....

exactly what Krooser said. Can probably get a few hundred bucks for the old one. Spending 1K to fix up an off off brand doesnt seem worth the trouble

krooser said:

Yep, a $2k stove would only cost you $1400 after the tax credit....I'd go for the new stove, if you have the $$ for it.

Is there a place were he can get the control board from? he said he want to fix it him self big project .Thank`s for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.