burning sawdust

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wade

Sep 23, 2008
Manitoba
Why do people find it hard to burn sawdust? Is it the storage, feeding or overall combustion of the stuff safely? Our stove the Gale Force gasifies sawdust very well when we add the sawdust kit. A video will be coming soon if I ever figure out how to get a video to you tube. 2 cubic yards will give me my 4 hour burn time and heat my 3000 gallons back up to 180.The sawdust can range from large curls to fine dust, anything that wont plug a 4" auger.

I have a US Stove 1537G. I get sawdust for my barn for $10 a pickup truck load or hardwood mulch. Can I burn this in this stove. Man I could heat for real cheap then.LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.