Burning softwoods/...high limit tripping after cleaning???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krattigan

Nov 15, 2011
Manchvegas NH
Cleaned my Napoleon nps 45 today. turned it back on after cleaning. Combustion blower set to 3 and feed rate at 2. stove gets real hot with huge flame and eventually trips high limit... reset the stove turned feed rate down to 1 and blower to 1 as well to what i would think help lower the heat/flame. still overheating? didn't have this problem burning my first ton of hardwoods...( i cleaned my straight horizontal exhaust after first ton too...) not sure what to adjust.

Might help to raise the combustion blower trim. Turning it down is like closing the damper. Closing the damper may make the stove hotter as the heat stays in the unit longer. Turning the feed trim down is correct as it doesn't allow as much fuel to be sent to the burnpot.

I'd try Combustion blower set to 4 and feed rate at 2 and then set the auger feed trim to 1 or 2.

If that doesn't work you might be able to mix some other fuel with the softwoods.

Status
Not open for further replies.