Burning the pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mtviews

Oct 21, 2018
Pa
Hi everyone,,been reading your posts as i'm a new pellet user with an older stove ,, trying to figure out the best way to burn this stove ,, My question is .... should i leave the stove on low for constant heat or set the stove on a higher setting and let the thermostat do its thing with the blast of heat,, actually which way would be more efficient ?? thanks for answer a silly question ....

I have had several stoves the past few years. Some on thermostats some not. I find it that leaving it on low all the time works best when it gets cold.

It's a (Avalon) Astoria Bay Fireplace insert,, manufactured in May of 2011 ,,I'm thinking it has been used very little .. seems to work very well ,,

Still trying to figure this out ,,On low it will blacken the glass pretty fast when on low ,,I have been playing with the air as to not throw out the pellets,,I don't have a fresh air kit on yet ,,as I have read pros and cons with them ,,I did finally find a decent pellet to burn as unlike the big box stores...